Gua Sha facial massage is an ancient Chinese therapy that uses a sculpted massage tool smoothed over the face to support lymphatic drainage, decrease puffiness and boost radiance.
A facial oil is used to help the tool glide smoothly, leaving the skin invigorated and glowing. The tool in turn helps the oil to penetrate deeper into the skin, softens any fine lines or wrinkles and tones the muscles of the face.
Regular Gua Sha massage using a natural oil will have lasting benefits on the skin, as well as help to release tension within the facial muscles. If performed at night it can form part of a bedtime ritual to aid restful sleep.
Specific benefits of Gua Sha:
- Improves skin elasticity, encourages collagen production & brightens and hydrates the skin
- Improves blood flow, circulation and aids lymphatic drainage (key for detoxifying the skin and eliminating blemishes)
- Softens wrinkles & fine lines and helps to lift and tone the muscles of the face
- Boosts the immune system, soothes aching muscles and improves sleep quality
Use our 5 step Ritual once a day, ideally at night, to help you relax before bed. Each stroke is performed 5 times and repeated on the opposite side of the face.
1. Cleanse the face, pat dry and press 5-6 drops of our Botanical Facial Serum into the face and neck, inhaling deeply its aromatherapeutic properties.
2. Using the comb edge firmly stroke the stone up the side of the neck towards the area behind your ear. Firmly stroke the comb edge upwards from the collarbone to the jaw bone whilst anchoring the skin with the opposite hand below the collarbone.
3. Using the curved edge stroke the stone lightly up the centre of the throat towards the tip of the chin. Continue with the curved edge and sweep the stone from the chin along the jaw bone, anchoring the chin with the opposite hand. Repeat this movement across the top of the cheekbone under the eye, taking the stone into the hairline. Repeat this movement across the brow bone taking the stone into the hairline.
4. Next move into lifting the skin by smoothing the comb edge from the jaw up towards temples across cheekbones and into the hairline. When lifting do not anchor the skin with the other hand.
5. Continue lifting the skin by moving the stone on to the temple, centre of the eyebrow and finally between the brows, lifting into the hairline as you go. Finally rub your hands together briskly several times and place over the eyelids and face feeling the warmth penetrate the skin.
Our Botanical Facial Serum is made from the purest natural ingredients, and is a multi-tasker, giving you 5 products in 1.
It is scented using only organic essential oils, and contains only specially selected organic oils that are proven to deliver maximum benefits to your skin.
This product is highly concentrated and a little goes a long way.
Watch this video for full directions and more Gua Sha facial massage tips